Stylish Portfolio

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I heart FLOWERS!

I love, love fresh flowers and would have them in my house, every day, every where!!!    Alas, that is not the case..... ..but love summer for the fact that I can always pick up a bunch at the farmers' market.  So you can imagine my excitement when I found this!    While perusing through The Cinderella Project , I came across their feature on Flowers Chic & Cheap.


Simplicity at its best!  You don't need to visit a florist to make a bouquet.  Visit your farmers' market or local grocery store and just grab whatever you have around your house....teapots, bowls, or a simple cup can serve as a container and add a little whimsical flair!



I love this arrangement out of these stacked paper cups, paying homage to a city dear to my heart and holding just two blooms of one my favorites....peonies!

For a more fancy occasion, this teapot delivers in style!  How fun would this be for a bridal shower?!!



I love this color combination....soft,  delicate and elegant.  Nothing fancy or over the top, but oh, so beautiful!

So go ahead and experiment....find inspiration in your garden, farmers' market, or grocery store.  Pick a flower that makes you happy and make your own arrangement!
All images are from Flowers chic & cheap by Carlos Mota

No comments:

Post a Comment