Stylish Portfolio

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Keep The Moisture In!

I saw this last week on Pinterest and it piqued my interest.  I traced it back to bakedbree.com ; a super-cool website with some mouth watering recipes that are not complicated at all.

So I decided to try it before passing it on to you, my lovely readers, to make sure it worked.  Well, it did!  The cakes were still moist when I frosted them!  

What in the world are these bread slices doing on the cake????  Well, read on!



You bake the cake layers the night before, then leave out on counter with slice of bread on top so that the cake will not become stale. You can use this same trick with muffins and cupcakes.  I baked this carrot cake the night before and used the bread on them.  



I have to say the bread was indeed brick hard, but my cake was still super moist!

No comments:

Post a Comment